Through lectures, real-world examples, and lab exercises, this 1-day, hands-on workshop at ArchConf 2018 will arm you with everything you need to immediately start building microservice applications using Micronaut™.
Micronaut is a modern, JVM-based, full-stack framework for building modular, easily testable microservice applications.
Micronaut embraces some of the same ideas Grails uses to prioritize developer productivity and code simplicity, then applies those ideas to a framework specifically designed to overcome the challenges associated with microservice architectures.
Workshop attendees will learn the fundamentals of Micronaut and build a real application, which will be deployed to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) during the experience.
Although everyone is welcome, this workshop is best suited for JVM developers who want to build microservice applications.
Participants should be comfortable with Java as a programming language. An understanding of the Grails framework is also helpful, but no particular proficiency with Grails is required.
- Introduction to Micronaut
- Compile-Time Dependency Injection
- HTTP Client (Auto Retries, Circuit Breakers, Failover)
- Configuration (Supplying, Retrieving)
- Bidirectional JSON
- Integrating GORM
- Aspect-Oriented Programming
- Management Endpoints
- Deploying to GCP
Meet the Instructor
Grails co-founder, OCI Grails Practice Lead, and OCI Partner, Jeff Scott Brown has been doing JVM application development for as long as the JVM has existed. He has spent most of the last decade focused specifically on work related to the Grails framework and recently co-founded the Micronaut framework.
Can't Make it to ArchConf 2018?
Flexible Technology Training
Keep your team on the cutting edge with our technology training offerings.
- Courses are developed and led by practicing software engineers and subject matter experts.
- All courses can be customized to meet your organization's unique needs.
- Courses can be conducted at your location, online, or in our state-of-the-art training lab in St. Louis, Missouri.
Many of our courses are also offered to the public both online and at our Midwest training lab for your convenience.