We are rapidly growing and have a new career opportunity available!
As a Data Engineer at OCI, you'll support our global roster of clients as we develop the next generation of cutting-edge solutions.
Apply today to enjoy competitive compensation, unmatched training opportunities, and a flexible working environment!
Working at OCI promises technical challenges that are as rewarding as they are exciting. Our culture encourages you to pursue the path that fits your passions while empowering you to achieve your personal best.
What will you work on at OCI? Here's a quick sampling of our projects:
- Diagnosing Crop Disease With Machine Learning
- Fuel Simulation Application for a Leading Aircraft Manufacturer
- Remote Diagnostics Through the Industrial Internet of Things
If you're motivated by the challenge of building sophisticated solutions that solve complex business challenges, we want to meet you!
Join our team a Data Engineer and help us develop innovative, enterprise-ready web, software, and mobile applications.
Here's what we're looking for:
- Assist with data collection and optimization of storage approaches
- Provide support for scalable batch or real-time data processing for discovery and model creation
- Implement scalable APIs for utilizing analytics results (e.g., utilizing models produced)
- Collaborate with data scientists and help them evaluate the computation/data requirements for discovery and the deployed solution
- Design, build, operationalize, and scale some of the largest data pipelines in the world
- Advise on and manage big data infrastructure
- Architect and develop data ingestion pipelines
- Develop proofs of concept with emerging technologies
- Assist with data preparation
Required education and skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 3 years of experience as a Software Engineer or closely related position
- 3 years of of experience with the following:
- Designing, integrating, and optimizing distributed data-processing pipelines
- Utilizing database technologies, including: SQL and No-SQL (e.g., Hadoop, Splunk, Spark, Samza, MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, Sqlite, Neo4j, Apache Giraph), within a cloud environment
- Writing data processing code in Go, Java, Python, Scala, or other high-performance languages
- Using distributed and fault-tolerant computing and map/reduce processing techniques
- Utilizing Linux/UNIX systems
- Systems-level debugging
- Building REST APIs for analytics services
- Working with or in support of multiple open source communities
- Optimizing critical components in applications for efficiency using C or C++
- Utilizing cloud deployment and virtualization and containerization technologies (e.g, Docker, Ansible, Terraform and Vagrant)
- 1 year of experience with the following:
- Machine learning libraries, such as Google CloudML, DataFlow, DataLab, TensorFlow, SciKit Learn, Mahout, and MLib
- Optimizing advanced SQL queries
- Working in an agile environment with SCRUM and PODS
This position is located in our brand-new, state-of-the-art development center in St. Louis, Missouri.
Relocation assistance may be available.
You don't have to sacrifice the balance between work and the rest of your life to be part of our team. We've created a unique environment that promises technical challenges, professional growth, competitive salaries, and benefits, plus the opportunity to work with some of the best engineers, architects, and systems integrators around. Our associates work within a team environment, where individual ideas and contributions are valued and rewarded.
Employees are welcome and encouraged to participate (free of charge) in any of our 140+ training offerings.
Paid Time Off
We offer paid vacation time, holidays, and sick days. A well-rested employee is a productive employee!
We pay a significant portion of premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
Through tenure and exceptional performance, employees may take advantage of partner and profit-sharing opportunities.
We know your time is valuable! And we pay you for billable overtime.
Employees may participate in our 401k plan.
Flexible Work Options
We offer flexible options, including flex time and work from home.
We Keep It Casual
We want our employees to be as comfortable as possible at work!