We are rapidly growing and have a new career opportunity available!
As a Data Scientist at OCI, you'll support our global roster of clients as we develop the next generation of cutting-edge solutions.
Apply today to enjoy competitive compensation, unmatched training opportunities, and a flexible working environment!
Working at OCI promises technical challenges that are as rewarding as they are exciting. Our culture encourages you to pursue the path that fits your passions while empowering you to achieve your personal best.
What will you work on at OCI? Here's a quick sampling of our projects:
- Diagnosing Crop Disease With Machine Learning
- Fuel Simulation Application for a Leading Aircraft Manufacturer
- Remote Diagnostics Through the Industrial Internet of Things
If you're motivated by the challenge of building sophisticated solutions that solve complex business challenges, we want to meet you!
Join our team as a Data Scientist and help us develop innovative, enterprise-ready web, software, and mobile applications.
About the position:
- Apply basic computer science principles (e.g., search, retrieval, concurrency, recursion, matching, databases) and build APIs and/or web applications to scrape data and build exploratory models that showcase and integrate research into existing pipelines
- Perform appropriate statistical analyses and derive keen insights using experimental design techniques on datasets of any size
- Embrace the science part of data science and apply your expertise to domains of all shapes and containing all kinds of data, including image, GPS, clickstream, text, financial, and more
- Comfortably apply your command of mathematics (linear algebra, Markov models, calculus), Bayesian and Frequentist probability philosophies, and a variety of data visualization methods to derive and convey your hypotheses
- Apply regression methods, classification algorithms, clustering algorithms, and other tools to machine learning (feature learning, supervised and unsupervised methods) situations
- Effectively convey hypotheses and ideas to client business leaders, or communicate your ideas in such a way that an OCI decision-maker can sell it to clients
Required education and skills
- Master's Degree with 2+ years studying Statistics or Machine Learning
- 2+ concurrent years of software development experience
- Proven data wrangling/munging experience
- Work portfolio (public GitHub repository, home website, blog posts) and referrals
- Experience in an Agile environment, preferably working with SCRUM and PODS
- Technical Skills: Programming/Maths/Statistics
- Java variant
- (If R, Julia, or Torch7, you must be able to scale algorithms up.)
- Technical Skills: Databases
- Apache Giraph
- Hadoop (or any other distributed platform)
- or any basic SQL or NoSQL variant
- Systematic Experimental Design
- A/B testing
- Controlling variables
- Control and test group selection
- Hypothesis testing
- SMART experiments
Education and skills that will give you an edge
- Experience using matrix manipulations
- Ability to explain the significance of Eigenvalues and Eigenvectors
- AI and Neural Net experience
- Reinforcement Learning knowledge (e.g., Q-Learning, TD-Learning, Genetic Algorithms)
- Presentation-building and delivery skills
- Experience in a fast-paced environment, such as a startup
This position is located in our brand-new, state-of-the-art development center in St. Louis, Missouri.
Relocation assistance may be available.
You don't have to sacrifice the balance between work and the rest of your life to be part of our team. We've created a unique environment that promises technical challenges, professional growth, competitive salaries, and benefits, plus the opportunity to work with some of the best engineers, architects, and systems integrators around. Our associates work within a team environment, where individual ideas and contributions are valued and rewarded.
Employees are welcome and encouraged to participate (free of charge) in any of our 140+ training offerings.
Paid Time Off
We offer paid vacation time, holidays, and sick days. A well-rested employee is a productive employee!
We pay a significant portion of premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
Through tenure and exceptional performance, employees may take advantage of partner and profit-sharing opportunities.
We know your time is valuable! And we pay you for billable overtime.
Employees may participate in our 401k plan.
Flexible Work Options
We offer flexible options, including flex time and work from home.
We Keep It Casual
We want our employees to be as comfortable as possible at work!