We are rapidly growing and have a new career opportunity available!
As an IIoT / Edge Developer at OCI, you'll support our global roster of clients as we develop the next generation of cutting-edge solutions.
Apply today to enjoy competitive compensation, unmatched training opportunities, and a flexible working environment!
Working at OCI promises technical challenges that are as rewarding as they are exciting. Our culture encourages you to pursue the path that fits your passions while empowering you to achieve your personal best.
What will you work on at OCI? Here's a quick sampling of our projects:
- Diagnosing Crop Disease With Machine Learning
- Fuel Simulation Application for a Leading Aircraft Manufacturer
- Remote Diagnostics Through the Industrial Internet of Things
If you're motivated by the challenge of building sophisticated solutions that solve complex business challenges, we want to meet you!
Join our team as an IIoT / Edge Developer and help us develop innovative, enterprise-ready web, software, and mobile applications.
Here's what we're looking for:
Required education & skills:
- B.E/B.Tech/MCA/MS with extensive experience with Industrial Automation and IOT Solutions
- At least 5-8 years handling customer-facing applications or acting as a solution architect for companies in the manufacturing industry
- At least 2-3 IOT/Smart Solutions projects implemented/architected and hands-on experience with the following:
- IoT development boards, such as Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Intel Edison, and Beaglebone
- IoT-specific protocols, such as CoAP, BLE, AMQP, MQTT, Zigbee, and ZWave
- IoT cloud platforms, such as AWS, Google, Xively, Thingworx, and IBM Bluemix
- Smart solutions, such as smart home, smart display, and smart parking
- Sound knowledge of the Java/JEE technology stack for M2M applications and support platforms; conversant with state-of-the-art technologies in this space with the ability to translate
- Experience with SAAS, PAAS, and IAAS solutions, plus cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS, and Google
- Experience with large-scale enterprise solutions, such BI, business analytics, big data, BPM, ESB MDM, and CEP
- Experience with CEP-based applications and familiarity with event processing engines
- Experience acting as a technical subject matter expert (SME) to project management and development teams, customer teams, third-party business partners, and technology organizations
Skills that will give you an edge:
- Experience with Node.js, Python, Go, and R
- Experience with mobile development technologies for Android, iOS, and Windows phone apps
- Experience with IoT frameworks, such as Google Nest and Apple Home Kit
- Experience with mobile device management solutions (MDM), such as AirWatch
- Practical experience working within a defined software development cycle; agile experience preferred
- Java experience with Multithreading, Annotations, Reflection, Collections, and Generics
- Framework experience with Hibernate, Thymeleaf, and Apache POI
- Experience building platforms that support multiple clients
- Experience with user interface design
- Master's degree preferred
This position is located in our brand-new, state-of-the-art development center in St. Louis, Missouri.
Relocation assistance may be available.
You don't have to sacrifice the balance between work and the rest of your life to be part of our team. We've created a unique environment that promises technical challenges, professional growth, competitive salaries, and benefits, plus the opportunity to work with some of the best engineers, architects, and systems integrators around. Our associates work within a team environment, where individual ideas and contributions are valued and rewarded.
Employees are welcome and encouraged to participate (free of charge) in any of our 140+ training offerings.
Paid Time Off
We offer paid vacation time, holidays, and sick days. A well-rested employee is a productive employee!
We pay a significant portion of premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
Through tenure and exceptional performance, employees may take advantage of partner and profit-sharing opportunities.
We know your time is valuable! And we pay you for billable overtime.
Employees may participate in our 401k plan.
Flexible Work Options
We offer flexible options, including flex time and work from home.
We Keep It Casual
We want our employees to be as comfortable as possible at work!