We are growing our Software Engineering practice in St Louis, MO, and searching for experienced Solution Architects to support our clients and internal projects.
We are seeking passionate individuals who enjoy solving challenging, diverse problems using their expertise in solution and software architecture, design, and development.
Apply today to enjoy competitive compensation, unmatched training opportunities, and a flexible working environment!
Working at OCI promises technical challenges that are as rewarding as they are exciting. Our culture encourages you to pursue the path that fits your passions while empowering you to achieve your personal best.
What will you work on at OCI? Here's a quick sampling of our projects:
- Diagnosing Crop Disease With Machine Learning
- Fuel Simulation Application for a Leading Aircraft Manufacturer
- Remote Diagnostics Through the Industrial Internet of Things
If you're motivated by the challenge of building sophisticated solutions that solve complex business challenges, we want to meet you!
The ideal candidate will be an individual who wants to contribute to a variety of client assignments, but also desires the ability to create and/or contribute to internal, entrepreneurial efforts.
Must be experienced in all phases of the software development life cycle and familiar with both waterfall and agile development practices, with a broad overview of software engineering best practices, common and leading information technologies, software quality concerns, and systems integration.
If you’re excited by the experiences described below, we would love to talk with you about your next opportunity:
- Cutting Edge Technology Exposure: Since 1993, our work in Open Source solutions has been adopted and deployed throughout the world and even into outer space, with companies and organizations like Boeing, NASDAQ, Motorola, Monsanto, the U.S. Navy, Iridium, Google, Mastercard, and more.
- Work/Life Balance: We foster an engaging, mindful environment that values the individual as well as the work. To us, balance is more than just a term; it is a core value that is critical to keeping healthy and productive, while producing valuable outcomes for our clients.
- Organizational Structure: We maintain a flat organizational structure and work in small teams to encourage each individual to behave as an owner and work with a diverse group of technical and professional, like-minded individuals.
- Culture of Sharing: We value continuous learning and professional development, and offer many learning opportunities, including monthly technical luncheons, internal study groups, innovation projects, sponsorship of and participation in local meetups and national/international conferences, authoring and publication of technical articles, a monthly newsletter, discussion channels, free training courses, and a tuition reimbursement program.
- Lead the architecture vision, strategy, design, and implementation of technical solutions in relation to specific business problems/objectives
- Lead, coordinate, facilitate, and collaborate with multidisciplinary groups of internal and client stakeholders, technical leaders, and engineers, from executive leadership to technical levels
- Communicate and provide architectural guidance and technical leadership
- Proactively address significant business issues through technology innovation
- Manage and provide governance and oversight of technical components of both large and small projects, including service-level metrics, contract deliverables, and SLAs
- Work collaboratively with technical personnel in multiple client and internal business functions to accomplish business goals
- Establish and/or contribute to development processes and best practices to promote continuous improvements in quality, efficiency, productivity, visibility, governance, and delivery
- Work effectively in a team environment with the ability to build consensus and understanding around the architecture
- Exhibit maturity to accept direction, as well as having the confidence to give direction
- Establish and manage effective subcontractor relationships, as necessary
- Provide thought leadership and subject matter expertise
- Act as a change agent for technologies and supporting processes to maximize results measured by performance, business agility, technology freshness, and cost optimization
- Stay abreast of major technology and software engineering trends, as well as relevant business and technology standards, and assess near- and long-term risks and opportunities for clients, OCI internal functions, OCI business/technology strategies, potential partnerships, and vendor relationships
- Provide research, evaluation, and recommendations of alternative solutions in key technology areas
- Lead prototyping and technical feasibility assessments for technology solutions
Must-Have Education & Skills
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or a related technical field preferred
- Senior level architect with 7+ years of hands-on planning, architecting, and engineering enterprise class systems and services
- Proven ability to lead change across large platforms / functional areas using innovative technology solutions
- Proven success in consulting to CIO- or CTO-level clients
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven experience in the assessment, evaluation, and documentation of client business requirements, environments, infrastructure, processes, and operations
- Proven experience in communicating and demonstrating the value of technology solutions to a variety of stakeholders to address complex and competing drivers in complex technical environments, with a track record of buy-in and successful implementation, migration, change management, and full adoption
- Demonstrated abilities in strategic thinking and leadership with strong relationship management ability
Additional Skills & Experiential Requirements
- Demonstrated experience automating and optimizing phases of software development processes
- Demonstrated experience with all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Demonstrated expertise in Unified Modeling Language (UML)
- Familiarity with common software architectural and enterprise integration patterns
- Strong customer focus
- Prior pre-Sales support and hands-on experience; the successful candidate will have strong hands-on experience doing similar type of work.
- Communicates clearly and effectively evaluates information to make decisions
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and written communications skills
- Anticipates risks and obstacles and develops plans for mitigation
- Creates actionable strategies and operational plans
- Champions and drives change initiatives
- Confronts difficult problems in a positive and creative way
- Balances multiple and competing priorities and executes accordingly
- Prior experience writing proposals
- Working experience in envisioning, documenting, and pricing solutions
This position is located in our brand-new, state-of-the-art development center in St. Louis, Missouri.
Relocation assistance may be available.
You don't have to sacrifice the balance between work and the rest of your life to be part of our team. We've created a unique environment that promises technical challenges, professional growth, competitive salaries, and benefits, plus the opportunity to work with some of the best engineers, architects, and systems integrators around. Our associates work within a team environment, where individual ideas and contributions are valued and rewarded.
Employees are welcome and encouraged to participate (free of charge) in any of our 140+ training offerings.
Paid Time Off
We offer paid vacation time, holidays, and sick days. A well-rested employee is a productive employee!
We pay a significant portion of premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
Through tenure and exceptional performance, employees may take advantage of partner and profit-sharing opportunities.
We know your time is valuable! And we pay you for billable overtime.
Employees may participate in our 401k plan.
Flexible Work Options
We offer flexible options, including flex time and work from home.
We Keep It Casual
We want our employees to be as comfortable as possible at work!