In this 60-minute, on-demand webinar, Nirav Assar demonstrates how to apply the Grails Database Migration plugin in development and production.
Database migrations are an important facet of web development. Preserving existing data while seamlessly adding new functionality and tables is critical when making incremental database changes to production applications.
Without a tool to manage database migrations, developers end up cobbling together solutions using manual SQL, error-prone communication processes, and costly risk management strategies.
In this webinar, OCI software engineer Nirav Assar demonstrates how to apply the Grails Database Migration plugin in development and production.
- Learn how to use the Grails Database Migration plugin in development and production
- Recognize how the plugin's Liquibase foundation enhances agile software development
- Understand the advantages of using the Grails Database Migration plugin over alternative solutions
The following topics are covered in this webinar:
- Fundamental database management concepts
- Overview of database migration tools
- Demonstration of the Grails Database Migration plugin
- Live coding examples representing real-world use cases
- Advanced scenarios and best practices