Database migrations are an important facet of web development. Preserving existing data while seamlessly adding new functionality and tables is critical when making incremental database changes to production applications.
Without a tool to manage database migrations, developers end up cobbling together solutions using manual SQL, error-prone communication processes, and costly risk management strategies.
In this webinar, OCI software engineer Nirav Assar demonstrates how to apply the Grails Database Migration plugin in development and production.
- Learn how to use the Grails Database Migration plugin in development and production
- Recognize how the plugin's Liquibase foundation enhances agile software development
- Understand the advantages of using the Grails Database Migration plugin over alternative solutions
The following topics are covered in this webinar:
- Fundamental database management concepts
- Overview of database migration tools
- Demonstration of the Grails Database Migration plugin
- Live coding examples representing real-world use cases
- Advanced scenarios and best practices