In this on-demand webinar, Solutions Architect, Garey Hoffman, dispels some common misconceptions regarding software requirements gathering and provides best-practice recommendations to help you improve your processes and optimize your development efforts.
This webinar is useful to anyone involved in the ideation, design, development, use, or support of a software application. If you're interested in improving your requirements-gathering skills or learning more about the process, you'll gain valuable insight into this – often challenging – step in the software development lifecycle.
Requirements gathering (or “requirements elicitation”) is a critical process for any successful software development project.
If you fail to clearly define the key features of the product to be built, your team runs the very real risk of spending countless hours developing a system or app that fails to meet client expectations and user needs.
This 1-hour webinar introduces participants to nine common myths regarding requirements gathering that you and your team can let go of, along with expert tips that will help you move forward with more confidence and manage your projects more successfully.
The following topics are covered in this webinar:
- How to choose the right requirements-management methodology and tools
- Which team members and stakeholders to include in the requirements-gathering process
- Best practices and recommendations for gathering requirements and keeping the process running smoothly
- The difference between requirements and technical specifications
- How requirements gathering fits into the software development life cycle (SDLC)