Target, Anthem, OPM...just a few of many organizations that have been breached. Most organizations do not have a decent Incident Response plan in place. It is not a matter of if you will be breached, it is a matter of when. Recent studies have shown that the average medical record is worth over $350 on the black market. Stealing information is a lucrative business for cyber criminals.
This course will prepare you for Incident Response, so you can plan and respond appropriately, rather than play a victim of circumstance. The course also introduces you to digital forensics to aid in Incident Response planning and evidence acquisition and analysis. This course's primary objective is to provide an Incident Response framework that can be tailored for your environment.
Tools include: Windows Forensics Toolchest (WFT), Incident Response Collection Report (IRCR2), First Responder’s Evidence Disk (FRED), First Responder Utility (FRU), Md5 Generator, File Recovery, Rootkit Revealer and many others.
This course is for system administrators, incident responders, cyber security professionals and anyone interested in both the technical and non-technical aspects of computer incident response and forensic analysis.
- UNDERSTAND THE TYPE OF RISKS AND BEST PRACTICES FOR PREVENTING THESE RISKS
- LEARN HOW TO MONITOR COMPUTER SYSTEMS FOR EVIDENCE OF MALICIOUS ACTIVITY
- UNDERSTAND THE STEPS INVOLVED IN INCIDENT RESPONSE PROCESS
- LEARN HOW TO ANALYZE DATA GATHERED DURING AN INVESTIGATION
- DATA COLLECTION
- DATA ANALYSIS
Duration & Format
3 days (18 hours)
This course can be conducted at your location or in our Midwest training lab (12140 Woodcrest Executive Drive; St. Louis, MO. 63141).
IT Security Fundamentals or equivalent experience.
Professional Training for Modern Technology Teams
Flexible Technology Training
Keep your team on the cutting edge with our technology training offerings.
- Courses are developed and led by practicing software engineers and subject matter experts.
- All courses can be customized to meet your organization's unique needs.
- Courses can be conducted at your location, online, or in our state-of-the-art training lab in St. Louis, Missouri.
Many of our courses are also offered to the public both online and at our Midwest training lab for your convenience.