Understanding how data travels from an attacker system to your corporate or home network is critical. Many successful attacks occur due to misconfigured devices, such as routers or firewalls. Cyber criminals take advantage of weaknesses in controls and ride insecure architectures to carry out nefarious activities.
This course provides a comprehensive understanding of how data travels across the Internet and through your network. The path packets take is analyzed along with devices that can be used to minimize risk and provide a defense-in-depth posture. Our primary objective is to provide you with an understanding of architecture design and security controls that can be applied to reduce risk to enterprise environments.
|Mar 26 - Mar 28||Day||Espinosa||
Wash U - Lopata Hall
- Understand the major types of controls
- Implement packet filtering, Proxy firewalls and Stateful firewalls
- Identify security risks and design strategies to protect against intruders
- Identify different types of hacker activities and the security policy necessary to prevent hacker penetration
- Establish an effective security policy
IT Security Fundamentals or equivalent experience
Contact us to customize an offering that fits your budget and specific requirements. We can deliver instructor-led training at your site, our education center, or virtually — whenever and wherever!
- PERIMETER FUNDAMENTALS
- EXTENDING THE PERIMETER
3 days (18 hours)