Many of us deploy or develop applications that are connected to the Internet. How do we know these are secure? Is it possible to design secure applications to reduce the risk of successful attacks? Insecure web applications are the most commonly attacked systems on the Internet.
This course introduces the top vulnerabilities in applications and discusses common, but often overlooked, fixes for each. Developing, configuring, and deploying secure applications minimizes attack surface and risk. Our primary objective is to increase awareness of common application vulnerabilities, discuss tactics attackers use to exploit these vulnerabilities and address mitigation options.
This course is for developers, technical managers, incident responders, security professionals and anyone interested in the technical aspects of application security training.
- UNDERSTAND THE FUNDAMENTALS OF APPLICATION SECURITY ON MAJOR PLATFORMS
- UNDERSTAND APPLICATION SECURITY WEAKNESSES AND THE TECHNIQUES USED BY HACKERS TO EXPLOIT THESE WEAKNESSES
- UNDERSTAND HOW TO DESIGN AND DEVELOP APPLICATIONS DEFENSIVELY
- LEARN WEB APPLICATION ASSESSMENT TECHNIQUES
Duration & Format
4 days (12 hours)
This workshop can be conducted at your location or in our Midwest training lab (12140 Woodcrest Executive Drive; St. Louis, MO. 63141).
- DESIGNING SYSTEMS FOR SECURITY
- SECURE APPLICATION DESIGN PRINCIPLES
- SECURE APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT TECHNIQUES
- ASSESSING WEB APPLICATION SECURITY
- USING CRYPTOGRAPHY
IT Security Fundamentals or equivalent experience.
Professional Training for Modern Technology Teams
Flexible Technology Training
Keep your team on the cutting edge with our technology training offerings.
- Courses are developed and led by practicing software engineers and subject matter experts.
- All courses can be customized to meet your organization's unique needs.
- Courses can be conducted at your location, online, or in our state-of-the-art training lab in St. Louis, Missouri.
Many of our courses are also offered to the public both online and at our Midwest training lab for your convenience.