Many of us deploy or develop applications that are connected to the Internet. How do we know these are secure? Is it possible to design secure applications to reduce the risk of successful attacks? Insecure web applications are the most commonly attacked systems on the Internet.
This course introduces the top vulnerabilities in applications and discusses common, but often overlooked, fixes for each. Developing, configuring, and deploying secure applications minimizes attack surface and risk. Our primary objective is to increase awareness of common application vulnerabilities, discuss tactics attackers use to exploit these vulnerabilities and address mitigation options.
|Oct 15 - Oct 24||Evening||Renner||
Washington University - Lopata Hall
This course is for developers, technical managers, incident responders, security professionals and anyone interested in the technical aspects of application security training.
- UNDERSTAND THE FUNDAMENTALS OF APPLICATION SECURITY ON MAJOR PLATFORMS
- UNDERSTAND APPLICATION SECURITY WEAKNESSES AND THE TECHNIQUES USED BY HACKERS TO EXPLOIT THESE WEAKNESSES
- UNDERSTAND HOW TO DESIGN AND DEVELOP APPLICATIONS DEFENSIVELY
- LEARN WEB APPLICATION ASSESSMENT TECHNIQUES
IT Security Fundamentals or equivalent experience.
DURATION AND PRICING
2 days (12 hours)
Contact us to customize an offering that fits your budget and specific requirements. We can deliver instructor-led training at your site, our education center, or virtually — whenever and wherever!
- DESIGNING SYSTEMS FOR SECURITY
- SECURE APPLICATION DESIGN PRINCIPLES
- SECURE APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT TECHNIQUES
- ASSESSING WEB APPLICATION SECURITY
- USING CRYPTOGRAPHY