Projects are the engines of major change in most organizations. However, unless your organization is project-based –like a construction company, for instance– well-rounded project management skills are not provided to most managers and supervisors.
This comprehensive, four-day workshop delivers a critical subset of skills from the Project Management Institute’s PMBOK. It focuses on the day-to-day tools and techniques you need to manage projects that deliver good business results on time and on budget, regardless of project size or nature.
- Select high impact projects and abandon low-return projects
- Apply tools and techniques to thoroughly plan a project
- Identify and track quality and project metrics
- Deliver business results on time and on budget
- Establish yourself as a leader of high-performing project teams
- Create a cost management plan
- Analyze risks qualitatively and quantitatively
- New Project Manager
- Operational manager with limited project management experience
- Member of a Project Management Office that has informal standards
- Project team member
- Experience project manager who got his/her skills on the job
- Business Analyst
- Leader of a team that must implement a strategic initiative or process improvement
- Candidate for the Project Management Professional (PMP) accreditation who needs professional development credit
The following topics are covered in this course:
- Projects and Business Strategy
- Project Initiation
- Project Planning
- Risk Management
- Managing and Controlling Projects
- Closing Projects
- Project Cost Management
- Communication Planning
- Behavioral Styles
- HR Management
- Developing the Project Team
- Managing the Virtual Team
- Putting It All Together
Duration & Format
4 days (24 hours)
This workshop can be conducted online, at your location, or in our Midwest training lab (12140 Woodcrest Executive Drive; St. Louis, MO. 63141).
Professional Training for Modern Technology Teams
Flexible Technology Training
Keep your team on the cutting edge with our technology training offerings.
- Courses are developed and led by practicing software engineers and subject matter experts.
- All courses can be customized to meet your organization's unique needs.
- Courses can be conducted at your location, online, or in our state-of-the-art training lab in St. Louis, Missouri.
Many of our courses are also offered to the public both online and at our Midwest training lab for your convenience.