This one-day intensive workshop presents an in-depth exploration of agile techniques as applied to databases. It focuses on refactoring and automation using the Flyway tools and libraries. The learning experience is designed to quickly get devops, database- and application developers comfortable with the basics, and equip them with the skills that will make them successful on any agile project.
The goal is to complement developers skills and broaden their understanding of the vertical application integration, including designing database schema for reliability and tolerance for changes.
|Micronaut from IoT to GCP at Google||Sep 9 - Sep 10||Day||Brown||12|
|Introduction to OpenDDS Programming with C++||Dec 3 - Dec 4||Day||Mitz||6|
|Introduction to OpenDDS Programming with Java||Dec 5 - Dec 6||Day||Mitz||6|
Micronaut from IoT to GCP at Google
In this complimentary 2-day training experience, you'll learn how to use the new Micronaut Framework in concert with Google Cloud Platform services, such as Cloud SQL, Kubernetes, and Google’s Instance Metadata Server.
Space is limited! Register today to discover an easier way to build fast, lightweight JVM microservices and deploy them to Google Cloud.more…
Dates & Times
Mon, Sep 9, 9:00am to 4:00pm
Tue, Sep 10, 9:00am to 4:00pm
Google HQ in Austin Texas
Introduction to OpenDDS Programming with C++
This course provides students with an overview of the DDS specification, an introduction to the OpenDDS implementation, and hands-on experience building C++ applications using OpenDDS.more…
Dates & Times
Tue, Dec 3, 9:00am to 12:00pm
Wed, Dec 4, 9:00am to 12:00pm
Introduction to OpenDDS Programming with Java
This course provides students with an overview of the DDS specification, an introduction to the OpenDDS implementation, and hands-on experience developing applications using OpenDDS in Java.more…
Dates & Times
Thu, Dec 5, 9:00am to 12:00pm
Fri, Dec 6, 9:00am to 12:00pm
By the end of the training workshop students will have a sophisticated understanding of, and be able to:
- Agile software- and database development methods and techniques
- Include database development in your agile software development process
- Learn to treat databases like the rest of your code: write, test, process, version, share
- Use the Flyway library and command-line tools for agile database development
- Write Flyway migrations and automate their execution
- Best practices for database versioning, schema refactoring and data migration
A basic understanding of relational databases, Java, SQL, and a very high level of the agile application development process in general.
Duration & Format
1 day (6 hours)
This workshop can be conducted at your location or in our Midwest training lab (12140 Woodcrest Executive Drive; St. Louis, MO. 63141).
- Introduction to Agile software development
- DevOps techniques in the database domain
- DevOps as merging database and application development skill sets
- Decomposing database changes into distinct migrations
- Introduction to Flyway. Command line tools and libraries
- Creating a migration: step by step introduction
- Migrations are code: incorporating into development, build, and deployment processes
- Introduction to Refactoring
- Refactoring as a tool for reliably evolving DB schema
- Practice creating a Flyway migration for refactoring
- Refactoring versus adding features
- Practice refactoring DB schema by adding columns
- Flyway principles, and operation. Configuration and usage
- Practice DB schema evolution starting from the ground up
- Combining Flyway with version control, and process automation
- Systematic overview of the types of DB refactorings
- Structural, data quality, integrity and architectural refactorings
- Practical aspects and strategies
- Relationship with ORMs and persistence frameworks
Maximize your training experience by adding these courses to your curriculum.
Professional Training for Modern Technology Teams
Flexible Technology Training
Keep your team on the cutting edge with our technology training offerings.
- Courses are developed and led by practicing software engineers and subject matter experts.
- All courses can be customized to meet your organization's unique needs.
- Courses can be conducted at your location, online, or in our state-of-the-art training lab in St. Louis, Missouri.
Many of our courses are also offered to the public both online and at our Midwest training lab for your convenience.