Pre-Conference Workshop: Micronaut on AWS Jumpstart
In this 2-day training workshop, students learn how to use the new Micronaut Framework in concert with Amazon Web Services.
Dates: March 24 & 25, 2020
Time: 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Location: Madrid, Spain
Instructor: Sergio del Amo Caballero, Micronaut team member and certified AWS developer
Registration Fee: $200 USD
Group discounts available. Please contact Jen Wiese at email@example.com for details.
The Micronaut framework was born in the cloud age. Thus, it has many features specifically designed to simplify development in cloud environments. In this 2-day workshop, you will learn how to get the most out of AWS services in combination with Micronaut applications.
Through a combination of lectures, live coding demonstrations, AWS interaction, and hands-on exercises, you'll learn how the various AWS services fit into your Micronaut applications and how to use them.
- IntelliJ IDEA. During the course, the instructor will be using IntelIiJ IDEA Ultimate. Attendees should come with JDK 8 or JDK 11 and either IntelliJ IDEA Community (free, open source) or IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate (free trial available) installed on their laptops. Both versions can be downloaded at https://www.jetbrains.com/idea/download.
- SDKMAN! We recommend installation of the Software Development Kit Manager (SDKMAN!) to ease changing the Java version. Download SDKMAN! at https://sdkman.io.
- AWS. It is recommended that every attendee create a personal AWS account prior to the workshop for use during the course. You can create a free account at https://aws.amazon.com/free/.
- GitHub. Attendees will require a GitHub account, so that code samples and documentation can be shared. If you don't already have one, create your free GitHub account at https://github.com/.
Duration & Format
2 days (12 hours)
Schedule a custom offering of this workshop at your location, online, or in our Midwest training lab (12140 Woodcrest Executive Drive; St. Louis, MO. 63141).
The following topics are covered in this workshop:
- Deploying a Micronaut app to Elastic Beanstalk
- Accessing a relational database hosted with RDS with Micronaut Data
- NoSQL persistence with DynamoDB and Micronaut
- Uploading files to S3 with Micronaut
- Transactional emails with SES and Micronaut
- Build a CI/CD pipeline for your Micronaut apps with CodeBuild and CodePipeline
- Handle your Micronaut app's user management and authentication with Cognito
- Serverless functions with Micronaut and Lambda
- Build Alexa skills with Micronaut
- Monitoring with Cloud Watch
- Tracing with X-Ray
- Deploying Micronaut GraalVM Native Images to AWS
Although everyone is welcome, we recommend attendees have at least a working familiarity with web development, HTTP, Java, and JVM development frameworks.
Experience with Micronaut and AWS is a plus, but not required.
This workshop is a great learning opportunity for JVM developers interested in learning how to integrate Micronaut applications with AWS services.
Professional Training for Modern Technology Teams
Open Enrollment Courses
Open enrollment courses are a great, cost-effective option for organizations that have an immediate need to train a small number of employees.
Customized Training Programs
Customized training programs can be delivered on-site, in our training lab, or online to help organizations enhance the skills of their internal development teams.