On April 9, 2019, our team attended the sold-out Prepare.ai conference in Saint Louis, Missouri.
This one-day conference, now in its second year, featured a full schedule of talks and panels presented by more than 50 artificial intelligence (AI) experts. Accompanied by a flurry of Twitter activity, nearly 500 AI enthusiasts turned out to expand their understanding and awareness of machine learning (ML) technology, techniques, and tools.
Members of our ML team invited attendees to stop by our booth to pick up foam crocodiles and chat about how ML helps organizations extract themselves from the "data swamp." We encouraged those who struggle to derive meaningful insights from data to explore today's artificial intelligence solutions, which are far more useful and easily implemented than many people realize.
5 key takeaways from our experience at the Prepare.ai conference
1. “AI is not the furby of tech. It’s here to stay.”
– David Karandish, CEO, jane.ai
2. “The best outcomes bring together AI and HI – human intelligence.”
– Tony Sardella, CEO, Evolve24
3. "AI holds great promise for societal good. [It] can provide new ways of approaching problems and meaningfully improve people's lives."
– Michael Wojcik, VP of Enterprise Technology Services, Panera
4. "The currency of tomorrow isn’t what you think: It’s not cold hard cash, precious metals, land or even cryptocurrency – it’s data."
– Melvin Greer, Chief Data Scientist, Intel
5. “Every industry is ripe for disruption.”
– Dr. Jason Bull, VP Machine Learning, Object Computing, Inc.