MICRONAUT 1.1 RELEASED
By Graeme Rocher, OCI Grails & Micronaut Product Lead and Principal Software Engineer
APRIL 11, 2019
Micronaut 1.1 includes a number of significant refinements since Micronaut's groundbreaking 1.0 release including:
- Support for GRPC
- Support for GraphQL
- Support for Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and Stackdriver Trace for distributed tracing
- Message-Driven Microservices with RabbitMQ
- A new BeanIntrospection API for reflection-free Bean introspection
- Support for AWS API Gateway and GraalVM Custom Runtime
- AWS Alexa Lambda support
- Native File Watch and Fast Server Restart
- New test templates for Micronaut Test
- Even faster cold start time and performance optimizations
- ... and many more features and refinements
Micronaut 1.1 makes it even simpler to build efficient, cloud-ready applications that are simultaneously easy to test, easy to containerize, and efficient.
To help you get started with Google Cloud Run we have prepared a couple of sample applications:
- A Hello World sample application that is ready to be deployed to Cloud Run using Jib and Google Container Registry.
- A second application that uses GraalVM native and Google Cloud Build to build and deploy a native image to Google Cloud Run.
Thank you to all who provided feedback during the extended RC phase of Micronaut 1.1, enjoy the release!
Learn to easily and efficiently deploy your Micronaut apps
to Google Cloud Platform in this upcoming live webinar!