JacORB is a CORBA 2.3 -Compliant, Object Request Broker (ORB) for Java Applications.
Users around the world are successfully combining Java and C++, by means of JacORB and TAO implementations of the CORBA specifications. This shared experience amongst the communities, using TAO and JacORB, has resolved many interoperability issues.
- 100% pure Java, JDK 1.6 compatible.
- IDL compiler, supports OMG IDL/Java language mapping rev. 2.3, OBV
- native IIOP, GIOP 1.2 and Bidirectional GIOP
- POA (Portable Object Adapter)
- AMI (Asynchronous Method Invocation)
- Quality of Service Policies (QoS)
- ETF (Extensible Transport Framework)
- POAMonitor, a GUI tools that lets you inspect your object adapters
- Dynamic Invocation Interface (DII) and Dynamic Skeleton Interface (DSI)
- Dynamic Management of Anys (DynAny)
- Portable Interceptors (standard)
- OMG Interoperable Naming Service
- NameManager, a GUI browser for the name service (requires Swing or JDK 1.2)
- Improved IIOP over SSL, includes KeyStoreManager
- OMG Notification Service and Event Service
- Transaction Service, Collection and Concurrency services
- TradingService (supports trader links), an extension of Mark Spruiell's free JTrader
- CORBA 2.3 Code set support
- OMG Data Distribution Service (DDS)
- Domain Manager, an object domain management service, includes a domain browser GUI
- Interface Repository
- IRBrowser, a GUI front end for the Interface Repository
- Implementation Repository
- Implementation Repository Manager, a GUI front end for the Implementation Repository
- IDL and Java source for all CORBA/COSS interfaces
Benefits of Using JacORB
- JacORB is free Open Source software (FOSS), which means no vendor lock-in and maximum user control. There are no license fees whatsoever, and the full source code is available at no cost.
- Easy to use, high-performance, fully multithreaded ORB
- Resolves interoperability issues between other ORB services
We are a leading provider of software engineering technology training in the Midwest. We offer a range of training programs for developers moving into objects for the first time, or those engaged in advanced distributed systems design. Our instructors are experienced in using CORBA with Java and C++, the use of TAO and JacORB and the implications of migration from older CORBA technologies. Contact us to discuss training options or view our course catalog.