The Makefile, Project, and Workspace Creator (MPC) simplifies the creation of build tool files, supporting a variety of platforms.
MPC was developed by Object Computing to assist with maintaining software designed to build on many platforms; it ships with dozens of templates to simplify the creation of build files for a variety of projects.
MPC generates Makefiles, NMake, Visual Studio, Borland Make, and others and supports projects using C++, Embedded C++, C#, Java, and Visual Basic.
- The MPC project file is a collection of source files (or projects) that make up a single build target.
- MPC takes platform-specific input, along with build tool-generic files, and generates build tool-specific project files by using a framework-based approach that supports both:
- Inheritance from common base projects
- Default values for many aspects of a project
- MPC is free, open source software, which means no vendor lock-in and maximum user control. There are no license fees whatsoever, and the full source code is available at no cost.
- MPC uses simple syntax for ease of use and maintenance.
- MPC allows for extensibility for adding custom features or support for new build tools.
- MPC uses a scripting language (OO Perl) for rapid development, portability, and ease of automation.
Everything you need to get started using MPC
Consulting & Commercial Support
Object Computing offers consulting and commercial support services for MPC and related technologies, OpenDDS, The ACE ORB (TAO), and ACE.
Support hours and packages can be conveniently purchased online.