Download the official guide for using The ACE ORB (TAO) to develop and optimize distributed applications.
The TAO Developer's Guide covers everything you need to start developing and maintaining distributed applications using TAO, including all of the following:
- Building the TAO software suite
- All the command line options for the IDL compiler
- Options processed by client or server ORBs
- Service configuration parameters
- Services provided by TAO, including the CosNaming, CosNotification, CosTrading, and security services
- And more!
Additionally, this indispensable guide covers many standard CORBA features and custom features of TAO, including pluggable protocols, asynchronous method invocation and handling, and portable interceptors.