OCI Partner and Principal Software Engineer
August 8, 2018 | 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Learn how to interact with relational databases from Node.js
- Learn how to implement REST services with Node.js and Express
- Learn how to implement web UIs using React and Redux
- And more!
August 9, 2018 | 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Find out what development tools are available to help simplify your coding practices.
- Get an introduction to the purposes and benefits of each tool.
- Learn to install and configure the tools, so you can get started quickly.
- See how each tool is used in a real-world setting.
OCI Software Engineer
Room with a Vue: Introduction to Vue.js
August 9, 2018 | 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
But could this one be different?
Developers are often pulled between extremes; some libraries (like React) emphasize functional simplicity, while others focus on features and developer productivity (say, Angular). Wouldn’t it be nice to have both?
In this talk, Zachary Klein will discuss the reasons Vue is special, help you get familiar with its ecosystem, and demonstrate how to use Vue.js in a Grails application, using the recently-released Vue profile.
Shields Up! Security and React Apps
August 10, 2018 | 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
In this talk, Zachary Klein will discuss several layers of security relevant to React apps, including UI-level security (preventing XSS attacks and securing routes with React Router and Higher-Order Components), and API security using JWTs and OAuth2 authentication-providers.
Sample projects demonstrating the various approaches and concerns will be shown and discussed.