Learn how to deploy and run smart contracts on EOSIO – the radically performant blockchain platform for building distributed and scalable applications – and get an introduction to the EOS Studio IDE.
June 25, 2019
9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. CDT
(2:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. UTC)
This workshop is delivered by one of the lead contributors to the EOSIO blockchain platform and covers fundamentals that enable developers (including non-C++ developers) to quickly get comfortable with EOSIO smart contract development.
Enroll in this course to:
- Understand the high-level fundamental components of an EOSIO smart contract
- Learn the flow of transactions and actions (messages and events) in EOSIO
- Observe the development and deployment of a smart contract on EOSIO
- Discover the various libraries available
- Get an introduction to the EOS Studio IDE
The following topics are covered in this workshop.
- EOSIO smart contract capabilities
- Overview of EOSIO smart contracts
- Development walk-through of an EOSIO smart contract
- Store/retrieve/update data in table
- Introduction to the EOS Studio IDE
Although everyone is welcome, participants will benefit from having programming experience, preferably in C/C++, although any high-level, structured language experience is sufficient. We also recommend that students have at least an intermediate understanding of blockchain technology.
Meet the Instructor
Phil Mesnier is a partner at Object Computing and leads our blockchain practice. With over 30 years experience in software engineering and consulting, Phil is a sought-after industry expert in distributed computing, solution architecture, and technology strategy.