This 5-day course prepares students to pass the CompTIA Network+ certification exam with instruction in the configuration, management, and troubleshooting of common wired and wireless network devices, as well as unified communications, mobile, cloud, and virtualization technologies.
The CompTIA Network+ course builds on students' existing user-level knowledge and experience with personal computer operating systems and networks to present the fundamental skills and concepts to configure, manage, and troubleshoot modern networks.
Through in-depth, hands-on training, students master the following skills:
- Identify basic network theory concepts and major network communications methods
- Describe bounded network media
- Identify unbounded network media
- Identify the major types of network implementations
- Identify TCP/IP addressing and data delivery methods
- Implement routing technologies
- Identify the major services deployed on TCP/IP networks
- Identify the infrastructure of a WAN implementation
- Identify the components used in cloud computing and virtualization
- Describe basic concepts related to network security
- Prevent security breaches
- Respond to security incidents
- Identify the components of a remote network implementation
- Identify the tools, methods, and techniques used in managing a network
- Describe troubleshooting of issues on a network
We recommend students have at least 9 months' previous networking experience prior to enrolling in this course.
The following topics are covered in this course.
- Network theory
- Bounded network media
- Unbounded network media
- Network implementations
- TCP/IP addressing and data delivery
- TCP/IP services
- WAN infrastructure
- Cloud and virtualization technologies
- Network security basics
- Preventing security breaches
- Responding to security incidents
- Remote networking
- Network management
- Troubleshooting network issues
Duration & Format
5 days (35 hours)
This course is conducted live, in person by Alpine Security, a CompTIA Accredited Training Provider. It can be delivered at your location or at their training facility in the St. Louis, Missouri, metro area.
Professional Training for Modern Technology Teams
Open Enrollment Courses
Open enrollment courses are a great, cost-effective option for organizations that have an immediate need to train a small number of employees.
Customized Training Programs
Customized training programs can be delivered on-site, in our training lab, or online to help organizations enhance the skills of their internal development teams.