In this 2-day training workshop, students learn how to use the new Micronaut Framework in concert with Amazon Web Services.
The Micronaut framework was born in the cloud age. Thus, it has many features specifically designed to simplify development in cloud environments. In this 2-day workshop, you will learn how to get the most out of AWS services in combination with Micronaut applications.
Through a combination of lectures, live coding demonstrations, AWS interaction, and hands-on exercises, you'll learn how the various AWS services fit into your Micronaut applications and how to use them.
- IntelliJ IDEA. During the course, the instructor will be using IntelIiJ IDEA Ultimate. Attendees should come with JDK 8 or JDK 11 and either IntelliJ IDEA Community (free, open source) or IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate (free trial available) installed on their laptops. Both versions can be downloaded at https://www.jetbrains.com/idea/download.
- SDKMAN! We recommend installation of the Software Development Kit Manager (SDKMAN!) to ease changing the Java version. Download SDKMAN! at https://sdkman.io.
- AWS. It is recommended that every attendee create a personal AWS account prior to the workshop for use during the course. You can create a free account at https://aws.amazon.com/free/.
- GitHub. Attendees will require a GitHub account, so that code samples and documentation can be shared. If you don't already have one, create your free GitHub account at https://github.com/.
Duration & Format
2 days (12 hours)
Schedule a custom offering of this workshop.
The following topics are covered in this workshop:
- Deploying a Micronaut app to Elastic Beanstalk
- Accessing a relational database hosted with RDS with Micronaut Data
- NoSQL persistence with DynamoDB and Micronaut
- Uploading files to S3 with Micronaut
- Transactional emails with SES and Micronaut
- Build a CI/CD pipeline for your Micronaut apps with CodeBuild and CodePipeline
- Handle your Micronaut app's user management and authentication with Cognito
- Serverless functions with Micronaut and Lambda
- Build Alexa skills with Micronaut
- Monitoring with Cloud Watch
- Tracing with X-Ray
- Deploying Micronaut GraalVM Native Images to AWS
Although everyone is welcome, we recommend attendees have at least a working familiarity with web development, HTTP, Java, and JVM development frameworks.
Experience with Micronaut and AWS is a plus, but not required.
This workshop is a great learning opportunity for JVM developers interested in learning how to integrate Micronaut applications with AWS services.
Professional Training for Modern Technology Teams
Open Enrollment Courses
Open enrollment courses are a great, cost-effective option for organizations that have an immediate need to train a small number of employees.
Customized Training Programs
Customized training programs can be delivered on-site, in our training lab, or online to help organizations enhance the skills of their internal development teams.