This 4-day advanced workshop provides intensive training to help experienced CORBA/C++ developers significantly expand their proficiency with these technologies.
In this intensive, hands-on, course, students learn advanced CORBA concepts and techniques and how they are supported by TAO; how to configure TAO components for performance and space optimization; and how to use TAO’s various concurrency models to meet end-to-end QoS guarantees.
The course covers recent additions to the CORBA specifications and to TAO to support real-time CORBA programming, including real-time CORBA. It also covers TAO’s real-time event service, notification service, and implementation repository, and provides extensive hands-on practice in developing advanced TAO clients and servers in C++.
This course prepares students to:
- Extend and enhance CORBA/C++ application development skills and techniques
- Use the messaging and real-time CORBA features to take greater control of CORBA applications
- Explore the internals of TAO and how its configurations affect applications
- Understand and utilize the notification and real-time event services
Non-trivial CORBA and C++ programming experience is required.
The following topics are covered in this course:
- Configuring TAO applications
- Controlling endpoints, connections, and protocols
- Building multithreaded applications with TAO
- CORBA QoS policies
- Asynchronous messaging
- Portable interceptors
- Real-time CORBA
- Using TAO’s real-time event service
- Notification service
- TAO’s implementation repository
Duration & Format
4 days (24 hours)
Professional Training for Modern Technology Teams
Open Enrollment Courses
Open enrollment courses are a great, cost-effective option for organizations that have an immediate need to train a small number of employees.
Customized Training Programs
Customized training programs can be delivered on-site, in our training lab, or online to help organizations enhance the skills of their internal development teams.