This 4-day workshop provides an in-depth introduction to Common Object Request Broker Architecture (CORBA), an OMG standard that enables collaboration between diverse systems.
In this intensive training workshop, students receive in-depth instruction in the features and benefits of CORBA, as well as hands-on experience developing distributed applications using this powerful tool.
This workshop prepares students to:
- Understand CORBA's role in developing distributed applications
- Understand the OMG's Object Management Architecture
- Define CORBA interfaces using interface definition language (IDL)
- Write CORBA clients and servers in C++
- Use standard CORBA services, including naming and events
- Manage CORBA exceptions
- Use advanced features of the Portable Object Adapter
Duration & Format
4 days (24 hours)
The following topics are covered in this course:
- What is CORBA?
- Interface definition language (IDL)
- CORBA object overview
- IDL to C++ mapping details
- Object reference details
- Parameter passing rules – in, out, inout, return
- Implementing servants
- Managing servants
- POA details
- Request routing alternatives
- Naming service
- Event service
- Advanced topics
To get the most out of this course, we recommend students have a working knowledge of C++ and familiarity with object-oriented programming concepts.
Professional Training for Modern Technology Teams
Open Enrollment Courses
Open enrollment courses are a great, cost-effective option for organizations that have an immediate need to train a small number of employees.
Customized Training Programs
Customized training programs can be delivered on-site, in our training lab, or online to help organizations enhance the skills of their internal development teams.