OpenDDS Programming with Java
In this 4-day (24-hour), intensive workshop, students get hands-on experience using the OMG DDS specification and the OpenDDS™ implementation in their Java applications.
The OMG Data Distribution Service (DDS) for Real-time Systems is a publish-and-subscribe service designed to meet the performance, scalability, and quality-of-service needs of real-time and embedded systems.
The OpenDDS project is an open source implementation of the OMG DDS specification.
This course prepares students to:
- Understand the Data Distribution Service's role in developing distributed applications
- Define custom DDS data types using OMG Interface Definition Language (IDL)
- Create DDS publishers and data writers
- Create DDS subscribers and data readers
- Understand DDS Quality-of-Service (QoS) settings and apply them to DDS entities
To get the most out of this course, we recommend students have a working knowledge of Java and familiarity with object-oriented programming concepts.
This is a live, hands-on training course. No recording of this training event will be made available for on-demand consumption.
The following topics are covered in this course:
- DDS defined
- Defining DDS types with Interface Definition Language
- Writing a DDS publishing application
- Writing a DDS subscribing application
- Configuring a pluggable transport for data transfer
- Understanding DDS samples, instances, and keys
- Applying Quality-of-Service settings to DDS entities
- DDS built-in topics
- Conditions and WaitSets
- Content-Subscription Profile
- Fault tolerance with Ownership Qos
- OpenDDS configuration
- The OpenDDS concurrency model
- The OpenDDS discovery model
- Advanced topics
Professional Training for Modern Technology Teams
Open Enrollment Courses
Open enrollment courses are a great, cost-effective option for organizations that have an immediate need to train a small number of employees.
Customized Training Programs
Customized training programs can be delivered on-site, in our training lab, or online to help organizations enhance the skills of their internal development teams.