By leveraging sensible defaults and convention-over-configuration, the Grails Framework significantly increases developer productivity and reduces the time and effort necessary to develop complex apps.
TIME TO MARKET
• Developer Efficiency. Incorporating convention over configuration, Grails eliminates much of the configuration effort typically required in building robust web applications.
• Reusability. The Grails framework applies the “Don't Repeat Yourself” (DRY) principle, thereby eliminating repetition and hidden bugs, and enabling faster and easier enhancements.
• Ease of Java Integration. Grails developers take advantage of the extensive libraries developed for the JVM, even those not written in Groovy.
• Agility. Iterative development is a hallmark of the Grails framework, because teams can carve out functionality in short sprints, with checkpoints and testing along the way. The built-in testing framework helps maintain code quality throughout the development process and reduces defects in the final product.
• Increased Developer Productivity. Grails was specifically designed to facilitate developer productivity. The efficiency and precision of the code means faster development with fewer bugs and less code. Grails includes a development time reloading agent to support the dynamic reloading of code changes, thereby reducing the number of container restarts in the development environment.
• Plug-Ins. The Grails plugin system enables code reuse across projects, allowing development teams to spend less time solving common web problems and more time focused on implementing real business requirements.
• Low Maintenance. Foundational design assumptions eliminate the need for boilerplate code and account for an easier-to-navigate framework for developers, thereby reducing maintenance complexity and project costs.
Get Started with Grails
The Grails Framework supports the development of many application types, including e-commerce websites, content management systems (CMS), and RESTful web services.
Request a complimentary consultation with a Grails expert about optimizing your development process, or explore our developer resources for tips, tutorials, and more!