In this webinar, you will be introduced to the latest features in Groovy 2.5 and get a peek at what's planned for Groovy 3.0, including new AST transforms, new macro features, the new Parrot parser, and myriad other miscellaneous features.
This webinar is designed for developers who have some experience with Groovy and want to get up to speed on the latest features.
We recommend attendees have at least some previous exposure to Groovy. Prior experience with the Gradle tool is also a plus, but not essential.
The following topics will be covered:
- AST Macros – write AST transformations and code generation or matching code in a Groovy friendly syntax
- AST Transformations – new transforms and improvements including revamped versions of @Canonical and @Immutable
- New DGM capabilities and library improvements – tap command, miscellaneous improvements
- Improved tool support, including groovysh and Groovy console
- Improvements throughout the libraries – JSON improvements, CliBuilder with annotations
- The Parrot Parser – Java syntax alignment, new features, advanced capabilities
- JDK9: support, limitations and on-going work
This webinar was presented on May 18, 2018.
Sign up here to view the video recording when it's published.
Meet the Presenter
OCI Groovy Project Lead
OCI team member, Paul King, leads ASERT, an organization based in Brisbane, Australia, that provides software development, training, and mentoring services to customers looking to embrace new technologies, harness best practices, and innovate.
He has been contributing to open source projects for nearly 20 years and is an active committer on numerous projects, including Groovy.