This live, 3-hour, online workshop takes a dive deep into the new GORM extension and Grails plugin that combine GORM and GraphQL to increase developer productivity.
Through real-time, hands-on exercises, you'll quickly become proficient enough with the technology to bend it to your will.
GraphQL is an exceptional technology that allows developers to build more efficient and expressive APIs. GORM is the object-relational mapper used by Grails that enables developers to interact with both relational and document databases through the declaration of simple Groovy classes.
This workshop provides a thorough understanding of the following topics through lectures, real-world examples, and hands-on experience:
- The benefits that come from leveraging GraphQL in your applications
- What the GORM-GraphQL library provides out of the box
- How to create a custom operation
- How to customize the provided operations
- How to write test cases to verify everything is working
This workshop is appropriate for any developer looking to improve the efficiency and expressiveness of his or her APIs.
Duration & Format
Schedule a custom offering of this workshop at your location, online, or in our Midwest training lab (12140 Woodcrest Executive Drive; St. Louis, MO. 63141).
The following topics are covered in this workshop:
- GORM introduction
- GraphQL introduction
- Comparison of GraphQL and REST
- GORM-GraphQL features
- GORM-GraphQL customizations
- GORM-GraphQL testing
- Hands-on experience creating custom operations
- Hands-on experience modifying provided operations
- Hands-on experience writing test cases
A basic knowledge of GORM is helpful but not required.
Professional Training for Modern Technology Teams
Open Enrollment Courses
Open enrollment courses are a great, cost-effective option for organizations that have an immediate need to train a small number of employees.
Customized Training Programs
Customized training programs can be delivered on-site, in our training lab, or online to help organizations enhance the skills of their internal development teams.