In this 2-day, hands-on workshop, you'll build a Grails® 3 application from the ground up.
Through the process of developing a complete Grails application, you'll discover how the Grails framework simplifies routing, data binding, DI, JSON generation, unit and functional tests, persistence, and more. Moreover, you'll learn how to leverage the latest innovations in the Grails framework and GORM, including multi-tenancy, GraphQL, data services, and JSON views.
This workshop prepares students to:
- Build a complete Grails application
- Recognize the ways in which Grails applications are well tested and easy to evolve and maintain
- Use the newest features of GORM and the Grails framework
Although everyone is welcome, you'll get the most out of this workshop if you are a Java developer with some experience with the Grails framework, Spring Boot, or other JVM web frameworks.
We do recommend attendees have at least a basic understanding of the Java Virtual Machine and a high-level understanding of how web applications work in general. Prior experience with the Grails framework is a plus, but no particular expertise with Apache Groovy or the Grails framework is required.
The following topics are covered in this workshop:
- Creating an app: SDKMan, Grails Application Forge
- Controllers and testing
- URL mapping and testing
- Command objects, data binding, and constraints testing
- Business rules encapsulation in the services layer
- Injecting configuration
- HTML output with GSP
- Functional tests with Geb
- Generating JSON with JSON Views
- API versioning
- Functional tests for your API
- Persistence with GORM
- GORM (querying methods)
- GORM Data Services
- Multi-tenancy capabilities
- Multi-project build
Professional Training for Modern Technology Teams
Open Enrollment Courses
Open enrollment courses are a great, cost-effective option for organizations that have an immediate need to train a small number of employees.
Customized Training Programs
Customized training programs can be delivered on-site, in our training lab, or online to help organizations enhance the skills of their internal development teams.