Groovy and Grails Boot Camp
This 24-hour, intensive workshop presents Grails® 3 and 4 frameworks in depth. The experience is designed to quickly get developers maximizing their productivity with the framework.
By the end of the training students will have a sophisticated understanding of all of the following:
- The Grails development tools
- Building web applications
- How to leverage the power and flexibility of GORM
- Building RESTful applications
- Modularizing applications with plugins
- Understanding how and when to take advantage of static type checking
To get the most out of this course, we recommend participants have beginner to intermediate proficiency with the Java Virtual Machine (JVM) and a high-level understanding of how web applications work in general. No particular expertise with Apache Groovy or the Grails framework is required.
- Programming with Apache Groovy (1 day)
- Grails introduction and installation
- Introduction to GSP
- Application lifecycle
- Dependency injection
- Application profiles
- Web services
- Static type checking
Open Enrollment Courses
Open enrollment courses are a great, cost-effective option for organizations that have an immediate need to train a small number of employees.
Customized Training Programs
Customized training programs can be delivered on-site, in our training lab, or online to help organizations enhance the skills of their internal development teams.