Whether you're transitioning to an Agile development environment or you want to boost productivity with a deep dive into Agile methodologies, this 3-day, hands-on, intensive workshop provides the tools your entire team needs to approach projects invigorated, focused, and unified.
Agile Software Development refers to a set of methods and practices developed around the turn of the 21st century and published in the "Agile Manifesto."
At its core, Agile focuses on:
- Individuals and interactions over processes and tools
- Working software over comprehensive documentation
- Customer collaboration over contract negotiation
- Responding to change over following a plan
Agile methodologies encourage collaboration between teams, an incremental and iterative development strategy, and a flexible process that allows for early and continuous delivery of quality, functional software.
Agile Boot Camp participants are prepared to implement Agile principals and practices through lecture, interactive discussion, real-world examples, and hands-on exercises.
This workshop is ideal for team members in the following roles.
- Project managers
- Product managers
- Business analysts
- Software developers
- Quality assurance professionals
- Anyone in your organization who contributes to the software development process
The curriculum can be customized to accommodate teams that are new to Agile, as well as those with intermediate and advanced experience.
The following topics are covered in this course:
- Introduction to Agile
- Agile terminology
- Agile methods
- Agile vs. Waterfall
- Roles in Agile
- Stories and story points
- Acceptance criteria
- Sprint / Release planning
- Reporting and metrics
Upon scheduling your boot camp, we will discuss your organization's experience with Agile, your goals and expectations, and the challenges you face in transitioning to or maintaining an Agile development environment. Your workshop will then be tailored to provide an experience that's uniquely valuable to your team.
None; this workshop is customized to fit the expertise level of the participants, whether novices or veteran "Agilists."
Duration & Format
3 days (18 hours)
This workshop can be conducted at your location or in our Midwest training lab (12140 Woodcrest Executive Drive; St. Louis, MO. 63141).
Professional Training for Modern Technology Teams
Flexible Technology Training
Keep your team on the cutting edge with our technology training offerings.
- Courses are developed and led by practicing software engineers and subject matter experts.
- All courses can be customized to meet your organization's unique needs.
- Courses can be conducted at your location, online, or in our state-of-the-art training lab in St. Louis, Missouri.
Many of our courses are also offered to the public both online and at our Midwest training lab for your convenience.