This practical, 2-day workshop explores the changing role of the business analyst in an Agile development environment. Through explanatory demonstrations and practice exercises, you'll learn the tools and techniques best suited to Agile software development, including the ideal timing for performing key tasks and events and how to create user stories that meet business needs.
Traditional system-development methodologies are rapidly being replaced by more iterative or agile approaches. More and more organizations are realizing the benefits of faster product deployment at a lower cost, with less rework due to missed requirements. Effective business analysis is key to developing those requirements and keeping projects on track.
This indispensable course explores the contributions of good requirements development in an Agile environment and equips business analysts with the critical thinking, analytical, and people skills necessary to add value to every Agile project.
- Evaluate a variety of Agile "flavors"
- Review levels and types of requirements
- Define the roles of Agile project team members
- Practice defining personas
- Work as a team to discover and write user stories
- Review requirements elicitation and discovery methods
- Understand story decomposition and modeling with simple graphical methods
- Practice eliciting and validating information from project stakeholders
- Assess the importance and priority of product features
- Hone your problem identification, definition, and solving capabilities
The following topics are covered in this course:
- Getting started
- Agile overview
- Project initiation
- Building an Agile team
- Backlog planning
- Managing the backlog
- Release planning
- Backlog refinement
- The iteration
- Inspect and adapt
- Agile adoption
Duration and Format
2 days (12 hours)
This workshop can be conducted at your location or in our Midwest training lab (12140 Woodcrest Executive Drive; St. Louis, MO. 63141).
Professional Training for Modern Technology Teams
Flexible Technology Training
Keep your team on the cutting edge with our technology training offerings.
- Courses are developed and led by practicing software engineers and subject matter experts.
- All courses can be customized to meet your organization's unique needs.
- Courses can be conducted at your location, online, or in our state-of-the-art training lab in St. Louis, Missouri.
Many of our courses are also offered to the public both online and at our Midwest training lab for your convenience.