In this 2-day, Agile foundational course, your team will learn the differences between Agile and traditional software development approaches, discuss the challenges faced when implementing an Agile approach, and explore practical ways to overcome those challenges while outlining a plan to successfully transition from your current system to an Agile environment.
Agile Software Development refers to a set of methods and practices developed around the turn of the 21st century and published in the "Agile Manifesto."
At its core, Agile focuses on:
- Individuals and interactions over processes and tools
- Working software over comprehensive documentation
- Customer collaboration over contract negotiation
- Responding to change over following a plan
Agile methodologies encourage collaboration between teams, an incremental and iterative development strategy, and a flexible process that allows for early and continuous delivery of quality, functional software.
Through 2 days of lectures, interactive discussions, real-world examples, and hands-on exercises, participants will gain a thorough understanding of Agile fundamentals and explore the most effective strategies for transitioning from their current methodology to an Agile environment.
This workshop is ideal for team members in the following roles.
- Project managers
- Product managers
- Business analysts
- Software developers
- Software testers
- Software architects
- Anyone in your organization who contributes to the software development process
- Introduction to Agile
- Agile terminology
- Agile methods
- Team roles
- Traditional requirements vs. user stories
- Agile practices
- Acceptance criteria
- Product quality and delivery
- Reporting and metrics
- Strategies for the transition to Agile
Duration and Format
2-days (12 hours)
This workshop can be conducted at your location or in our Midwest training lab (12140 Woodcrest Executive Drive; St. Louis, MO. 63141).
Professional Training for Modern Technology Teams
Flexible Technology Training
Keep your team on the cutting edge with our technology training offerings.
- Courses are developed and led by practicing software engineers and subject matter experts.
- All courses can be customized to meet your organization's unique needs.
- Courses can be conducted at your location, online, or in our state-of-the-art training lab in St. Louis, Missouri.
Many of our courses are also offered to the public both online and at our Midwest training lab for your convenience.