Learn first-hand how to build distributed applications on EOSIO – the new game-changing, highly performant platform for building blockchain applications.
This advanced blockchain workshop is delivered by one of the lead contributors to the EOSIO blockchain platform and covers fundamentals that enable developers (including non-C++ developers) to quickly get comfortable with EOSIO distributed app (DApp) development.
Enroll in this course to:
- Understand the high-level fundamental components of an EOSIO DApp
- Learn the flow of transactions and actions (messages and events) in EOSIO
- Observe the development and deployment of a DApp on EOSIO
- Discover the various libraries available to a DApp developer
This is an advanced workshop for developers, technical leads, and architects who want to enhance their programming skills with EOSIO proficiency.
The following topics are covered in this course.
- Where we are today in EOSIO DApp development capabilities
- Overview of EOSIO libraries
- Overview of storage capabilities
- Overview of inline actions
- Walkthrough development of a simple EOSIO DApp
- Store/retrieve/update data in table
- Create an inline transaction
This is an advanced workshop. Participants should have programming experience, preferably in C/C++, although any high-level, structured language experience is sufficient. We also recommend that students have at least an intermediate understanding of blockchain technology.
Duration and Format
Duration: 2 days (6 hours)
Location: This workshop can be conducted at your location, online, or in our Midwest training lab (12140 Woodcrest Executive Drive; St. Louis, MO. 63141).
Group pricing available. Contact Jen Wiese at (314) 579-0066 ext. 203 for details.
Meet the Instructor
OCI Principal Software Engineer
Kevin Heifner is a Principal Software Engineer at OCI and a core contributor to the EOSIO project, a game-changing, open source blockchain engine with significant performance and scalability benefits. Heifner is highly accomplished in the field of distributed computing and has developed sophisticated technical solutions for clients in aerospace, defense, energy, and utilities.
Professional Training for Modern Technology Teams
Flexible Technology Training
Keep your team on the cutting edge with our technology training offerings.
- Courses are developed and led by practicing software engineers and subject matter experts.
- All courses can be customized to meet your organization's unique needs.
- Courses can be conducted at your location, online, or in our state-of-the-art training lab in St. Louis, Missouri.
Many of our courses are also offered to the public both online and at our Midwest training lab for your convenience.