The Business Analyst has been described as the person who bridges the divide between IT departments and the business organizations they support. For all of the tools and techniques to elicit requirements, nothing is more important than making the most of human contact between these two interdependent groups.
This seminar discusses several useful approaches to gathering requirements, focusing on the facilitation of collaborative sessions and the clear translation of business needs into requirements.
This course is intended for business analysts, designers/systems analysts, requirements professionals, business product owners, business architects, project/program managers, team leaders, team facilitators, development managers, process improvement professionals, management consultants, and IT specialists.
- Elicit and assess information
- Conduct interviews with user and business leaders
- Facilitate collaborative sessions
- Resolve conflicts and reach consensus
- Navigate organizational politics
- Foster creative problem solving
- Document the information gathered
- Write effective requirements
- GOOD REQUIREMENTS
- ELICITATION AND COLLABORATION
- WRITING REQUIREMENTS
2 Days (12 Hours)
Professional Training for Modern Technology Teams
Flexible Technology Training
Keep your team on the cutting edge with our technology training offerings.
- Courses are developed and led by practicing software engineers and subject matter experts.
- All courses can be customized to meet your organization's unique needs.
- Courses can be conducted at your location, online, or in our state-of-the-art training lab in St. Louis, Missouri.
Many of our courses are also offered to the public both online and at our Midwest training lab for your convenience.