C# is an object-oriented language intended to be the premier language for writing Microsoft .NET applications for the enterprise. This workshop is a continuation of the Introduction to C# programming course adding to software developers’ working knowledge of the C# programming language. In the previous class, students learned about object-oriented programming using the classes that are part of the .NET Framework. In this class, students get more in-depth exposure to object-oriented development using C#, as well as an introduction to more advanced C# concepts such as delegates and serialization. Topics include Object-Oriented Design and Programming for C#, data access strategies with ADO.NET, Linq, file I/O, XML.
- Create Object-Oriented Programs using C#
- Develop complex classes including class events, properties, and overloading
- Use inheritance to create classes based on another class
- Understand terminology and providers associated with ADO.NET
- Build database applications using ADO.NET
- Understand the Language Integrated Query (Linq) library
- Read or Write from text or binary files using C#
- Work with XML documents through the .NET framework
Duration & Format
3 days (18 hours)
This course can be conducted at your location or in our Midwest training lab (12140 Woodcrest Executive Drive; St. Louis, MO. 63141).
- Object-Oriented Design and Programming for C#
- Delegates and Events
- Reading and Writing Text and Binary Files using C#
- Reading and Writing XML Documents using C#
- Introduction to ADO.NET
- Programming Database applications with ADO.NET
- Using Linq-to-Sql
Intro to C# Programming & the .NET Framework, or equivalent experience.
Maximize your training experience by adding these courses to your curriculum.
Professional Training for Modern Technology Teams
Flexible Technology Training
Keep your team on the cutting edge with our technology training offerings.
- Courses are developed and led by practicing software engineers and subject matter experts.
- All courses can be customized to meet your organization's unique needs.
- Courses can be conducted at your location, online, or in our state-of-the-art training lab in St. Louis, Missouri.
Many of our courses are also offered to the public both online and at our Midwest training lab for your convenience.