Grails Co-Founder, Jeff Scott Brown, delivers this 3-day, intensive, hands-on Grails training workshop, which equips developers with the advanced knowledge and skills to take full advantage of the framework and tackle real issues in enterprise-scale applications.
This course is designed to enhance the skills of experienced Grails developers through lectures, real-world examples, and hands-on practice.
The following advanced topics are covered in detail:
- Grails REST
- Caching for optimum performance
- Asynch web development
- Securing Grails 3 applications
- Grails 3 plugin architecture
- Advanced Groovy techniques as they relate to Grails 3
We recommend students have at least completed Web Development with Grails 3 or have real-world app development experience with Grails 3 before enrolling in this course.
Developers who are already using Grails 3 to develop real-world applications are encouraged to take their skills to the next level by enrolling in this advanced programming course.
Duration and Format
3 days (18 hours)
This course is delivered in-person by Grails co-founder, Jeff Brown, and can be conducted at your location or in our Midwest training lab (12140 Woodcrest Executive Drive; St. Louis, MO. 63141)
- Multiple Data Sources
- Non-Relational Data Sources
- Versioning APIs
- Custom View For JSON, XML, etc.
- Caching and GORM
- Caching Application APIs
- Asynchronous Programming
- Async GORM
- Spring Security
- Securing REST APIs
- Introducing New Artifact Types
- Defining Commands
- Advanced Groovy
- AST Transformations
- Type Checking Extensions
Professional Training for Modern Technology Teams
Flexible Technology Training
Keep your team on the cutting edge with our technology training offerings.
- Courses are developed and led by practicing software engineers and subject matter experts.
- All courses can be customized to meet your organization's unique needs.
- Courses can be conducted at your location, online, or in our state-of-the-art training lab in St. Louis, Missouri.
Many of our courses are also offered to the public both online and at our Midwest training lab for your convenience.