In this 2-day, hands-on workshop, you'll build a Grails 3 application from the ground up.
Through this development process, you'll discover how Grails simplifies routing, data binding, DI, JSON generation, unit and functional tests, persistence, and more. Moreover, you'll learn how to leverage the latest innovations in Grails and GORM, including multitenancy, GraphQL, data services, and JSON views.
- Learn how to build a Grails application
- Recognize the ways in which Grails applications are well tested and easy to evolve and maintain.
- Discover and learn to use the newest features of GORM and Grails
- Creating an app: SDKMan, Grails Application Forge
- Controllers and testing
- URL mapping and testing
- Command objects, data binding, and constraints testing
- Business rules encapsulation in the services layer
- Injecting configuration
- HTML output with GSP
- Functional tests with Geb
- Generating JSON with JSON Views
- API versioning
- Functional tests for your API
- Persistence with GORM
- GORM (querying methods)
- GORM Data Services
- Multi-tenancy capabilities
- Multi-project build
Although everyone is welcome, you'll get the most out of this workshop if you are a Java developer with some experience with Grails, Spring Boot, or other JVM Web frameworks.
We do recommend attendees have at least a basic understanding of the Java Virtual Machine and a very high-level understanding of how web applications work in general. Prior experience with Grails is a plus, but no particular expertise with Groovy or Grails is required.