This live, 3-hour, online workshop takes a dive deep into the new GORM extension and Grails plugin that combine GORM and GraphQL to increase developer productivity.
Through real-time, hands-on exercises, you'll quickly become proficient enough with the technology to bend it to your will.
GraphQL is an exceptional technology that allows developers to build more efficient and expressive APIs. GORM is the object-relational mapper used by Grails that enables developers to interact with both relational and document databases through the declaration of simple Groovy classes.
This workshop provides a thorough understanding of the following topics through lectures, real-world examples, and hands-on experience:
- The benefits that come from leveraging GraphQL in your applications
- What the GORM-GraphQL library provides out of the box
- How to create a custom operation
- How to customize the provided operations
- How to write test cases to verify everything is working
- GORM introduction
- GraphQL introduction
- Comparison of GraphQL and REST
- GORM-GraphQL features
- GORM-GraphQL customizations
- GORM-GraphQL testing
- Hands-on experience creating custom operations
- Hands-on experience modifying provided operations
- Hands-on experience writing test cases
This workshop is appropriate for any developer looking to improve the efficiency and expressiveness of his or her APIs.
A basic knowledge of GORM is helpful but not required.
Duration and Format
This workshop is delivered online.
Professional Training for Modern Technology Teams
Flexible Technology Training
Keep your team on the cutting edge with our technology training offerings.
Courses are developed and led by practicing software engineers and subject matter experts.
All courses can be customized. Contact us at email@example.com to arrange for a complete training program tailored to meet your organization's unique needs.
Many of our courses are also offered to the public both online and at our Midwest training lab for your convenience. Visit our training schedule to sign up for upcoming webinars, workshops, and classes, or conduct your next training program in our state-of-the-art training lab.