Introduction to REST Services with Grails 3 is a live, instructor-led training experience.
REST is an important part of modern web applications. Single page application (SPA) frameworks, such as AngularJS and React, require a REST backend, for which Grails is a perfect fit. Microservice architectures rely on components communicating with each other through REST APIs. Grails 3 offers many features specifically related to simplifying the task of publishing REST APIs.
This course provides participants a thorough understanding of the following topics through lectures, real-world examples, and hands-on practice:
- Grails' support for building REST APIs
- Publishing APIs
- Versioning APIs
- Customizing response content
- Grails and REST security
- Interacting with a database from a REST API
To get the most out of this course, students should at least be familiar with the Grails framework and have a basic understanding of REST at a high-level. No particular expertise with Groovy, Grails, or REST is required.
The following topics are covered in this course:
- Quick Introduction to REST
- GORM and REST
- Grails Views
- JSON Views
- Markup Views
- Versioning APIs
- Spring Security for REST
Duration and Format
6 hours, delivered as 2 (3-hour) sessions
This course can be delivered online, at your location, or in our Midwest training lab (12140 Woodcrest Executive Drive; St. Louis, MO. 63141).
Professional Training for Modern Technology Teams
Flexible Technology Training
Keep your team on the cutting edge with our technology training offerings.
- Courses are developed and led by practicing software engineers and subject matter experts.
- All courses can be customized to meet your organization's unique needs.
- Courses can be conducted at your location, online, or in our state-of-the-art training lab in St. Louis, Missouri.
Many of our courses are also offered to the public both online and at our Midwest training lab for your convenience.