This 4-day, intensive workshop covers Grails 3 in depth and provides Java developers the knowledge and skills to quickly master the Grails Framework and start maximizing their productivity right away.
This course provides participants a thorough understanding of the following topics through lectures, real-world examples, and hands-on practice:
- Grails development tools
- Building web applications with Grails
- Strategies for leveraging the power and flexibility of GORM
- Building RESTful applications
- Modularizing applications with plugins
- How and when to use of static type checking
To get the most out of this course, we recommend participants have beginner to intermediate proficiency with the Java Virtual Machine (JVM) and a high-level understanding of how web applications work in general. No particular expertise with Groovy or Grails is required.
The following topics are covered in this course:
- Brief Introduction to Groovy
- Introduction to Grails plus Installation
- Introduction to GSP
- Application Lifecycle
- Dependency Injection
- Introduction to GORM
- Application Profiles
- Web Services
- Static Type Checking
This course is a great learning opportunity for developers interested in leveraging Grails features to increase productivity when building JVM web applications.
Duration: 4 days (16 hours)
Dates: December 3 – 6, 2018
Time: 9:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. CST (4 hours of training plus a 30-minute break)
Location: Online (Registrants will receive a link to log into the live, online training course.)
Instructor: Jeff Scott Brown, Grails Co-Founder and OCI Partner
Price: $299.00 USD per student
Meet the Instructor
Jeff Scott Brown
Grails Co-Founder & OCI Partner
Grails co-founder and OCI Grails Practice Lead, Jeff Scott Brown, has been doing JVM application development for as long as the JVM has existed. He has spent most of the last decade focused specifically on work related to the Grails Framework.
Jeff co-authored The Definitive Guide to Grails Second Edition and The Definitive Guide to Grails 2 in partnership with Grails co-founder and OCI Grails Team Lead, Graeme Rocher.
Jeff is a regular public speaker on Grails, Groovy, and other JVM-related technologies.
Professional Training for Modern Technology Teams
Flexible Technology Training
Keep your team on the cutting edge with our technology training offerings.
- Courses are developed and led by practicing software engineers and subject matter experts.
- All courses can be customized to meet your organization's unique needs.
- Courses can be conducted at your location, online, or in our state-of-the-art training lab in St. Louis, Missouri.
Many of our courses are also offered to the public both online and at our Midwest training lab for your convenience.