Java has received a major makeover, which has significantly impacted the way programmers build applications with the language. This course is designed to provide developers an in-depth understanding of Java 8 concepts, allowing them to put their new skills to immediate use on real-world projects.
- Code using the functional style in Java and apply style to other languages
- Apply new Java 8 concepts
- Know when to use imperative vs. functional style
- Prudently mix OO and functional concepts
- Discover and make good use of the new functional APIs
Duration and Pricing
27 hours total; delivered as 3 (9-hour) sessions with working lunch periods
Mon, Feb. 12, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Tues, Feb 13, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Wed. Feb. 14, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Enroll through January 30th:
USD $999 per student
Enroll after January 30th:
USD $1,250 per student
OCI Education Center
12140 Woodcrest Executive Drive
St. Louis, MO 63141
Contact us to customize an offering that fits your budget and specific requirements. We can deliver instructor-led training at your site, at our education center, or virtually — whenever and wherever!
Dr. Venkat Subramaniam
The following topics will be covered:
- The Next Big Thing in Java
- Starting with Lambda Expressions
- Thinking in Functional Style
- Using Method References
- Working with Collections
- Design Patterns in Functional Style
- Function Composition
- Exploiting Concurrency
- Automated Testing of Functional Style Code
This course is appropriate for developers, technical leads, and architects with programming experience and at least an intermediate understanding of Java basics.