- Understand CORBA's role in developing distributed applications
- Understand the OMG's Object Management Architecture
- Define CORBA interfaces using interface definition language (IDL)
- Create CORBA clients and servers
- Use advanced features of the Portable Object Adapter in your applications
To get the most out of this course, we recommend students have a working knowledge of C++ and familiarity with object-oriented programming concepts.
Duration & Format
4 days (24 hours)
This course can be conducted at your location or in our Midwest training lab (12140 Woodcrest Executive Drive; St. Louis, MO. 63141).
The following topics are covered in this course:
- What is CORBA?
- Interface Definition Language (IDL)
- CORBA Object Overview
- IDL to C++ Mapping Details
- Object Reference Details
- Parameter passing Rules – In, Out, Inout, Return
- Implementing Servants
- Managing Servants
- POA Details
- Request Routing Alternatives
- The Naming Service
- The Event Service
- Advanced Topics
Maximize your training experience by adding these courses to your curriculum.
Professional Training for Modern Technology Teams
Flexible Technology Training
Keep your team on the cutting edge with our technology training offerings.
- Courses are developed and led by practicing software engineers and subject matter experts.
- All courses can be customized to meet your organization's unique needs.
- Courses can be conducted at your location, online, or in our state-of-the-art training lab in St. Louis, Missouri.
Many of our courses are also offered to the public both online and at our Midwest training lab for your convenience.