- Implement IPC mechanisms using the IPC SAP classes and the Acceptor/Connector pattern
- Utilize a Reactor in event demultiplexing and dispatching
- Implement thread-safe applications using the thread encapsulation class categories
- Identify appropriate ACE components
Familiarity with the C++ language (including templates), software development in a Unix or NT environment, and knowledge of the client-server architecture and network programming concepts.
DURATION AND PRICING
4-days (24 hours)
Contact us for pricing and group discounts.
OCI Education Center
12140 Woodcrest Executive Drive
St. Louis, MO. 63141
Contact us to customize an offering that fits your budget and specific requirements. We can deliver instructor-led training at your site, our education center, or virtually — whenever and wherever!
- ACE Architecture and Components
- How to access Operating System services
- Overview of network programming interfaces
- Network programming using TCP and UDP classes in ACE
- Acceptor and Connector patterns
- Event demultiplexing with the Reactor
- Implementing event handlers for I/O, timers, and signals
- Thread management and synchronization
- Shared memory allocators and specialized local memory allocators
- Dynamic configuration with the Service Configurator
- Message Queues and Stream processing
- Logging and Debugging