Agile is the mainstream of software development. As a result, more organizations are adopting this approach over a more traditional methodology, and more are working every day to make the transition.
To stay relevant in the competitive, professional world, it’s increasingly important that professionals can demonstrate true leadership ability on today’s software projects. This course not only prepares you to lead your next Agile project effort but ensures that you’re prepared to pass the PMI-ACP certification exam. As the world is moving towards agility, the demand of agile certification is increasing by the day.
- Understand the enormous gains available by empowering Agile teams
- Gain expertise in the knowledge areas required for the PMI Agile Certified Practitioner exam
- Learn how to effectively manage a project's schedule, scope, budget, quality, and team using an Agile approach
- Practice tangible, effective methods of team-based planning
- Review tips and techniques for Agile project managers to inspire better performance
- Prioritize methods that will help your team build trust with customers
- Connect all five levels of planning to create cadence for your team
- Establish a roadmap for what you would like to apply to your Agile team and how to achieve success with Agile
For more information about the PMI-ACP certification exam, visit PMI's ACP certification page.
DURATION AND Format
3 days (18 hours)
This workshop can be conducted at your location or in our Midwest training lab (12140 Woodcrest Executive Drive; St. Louis, MO. 63141).
The following topics are covered in this course:
- Agile overview
- Agile manifesto and principles
- Agile practices, methods, and approaches
- Leadership and the Agile team
- Agile metrics
- PMI-recognized tools and techniques of Agile PM
- Agile knowledge and skills
- Agile frameworks and terminology
- Assessing, incorporating, and managing stakeholder values
- Facilitation methods
- Knowledge sharing/written communication
- Team motivation
- Physical, virtual co-location, cultural, and team diversity
- Training, coaching, and mentoring
- Developmental mastery models
- Self-assessment tools and techniques
- Participatory decision models
- Principles of systems thinking
- Problem solving
- Agile discovery, sizing, and estimation
- Continuous improvement
- Agile project chartering and contracting
- Agile contracting
- Certification test details
Professional Training for Modern Technology Teams
Flexible Technology Training
Keep your team on the cutting edge with our technology training offerings.
- Courses are developed and led by practicing software engineers and subject matter experts.
- All courses can be customized to meet your organization's unique needs.
- Courses can be conducted at your location, online, or in our state-of-the-art training lab in St. Louis, Missouri.
Many of our courses are also offered to the public both online and at our Midwest training lab for your convenience.