Over time, experienced project managers need higher-order tools and abilities that will enable them to deal with larger mission-critical projects and/or to navigate and manage the challenges of more complex projects. Projects with the biggest potential for bottom-line impact usually have the biggest barriers to success. These projects also have the strongest need to validate achievement of the expected ROI.
In this seminar, we will explore three dimensions that contribute to successful outcomes: clearly defining success from the onset and building a plan that enables progress measurement, effectively managing the challenges that come with complex projects, and dealing with failures points and problems that threaten to derail the project.
- Fine-tune project plan to ensure clear definition of expected and measurable project outcomes
- Adjust project execution to keep projects on track as the environment changes
- Establish methods and metrics to assure quality results
- Apply quality and process management tools to improve project performance
- Quantify and respond to emerging risks
- Navigate the people side of projects involving cross-functional change
This seminar is not recommended for novice project managers. The recommended pre-requisite is completion of a project management certificate program and/or two years of practical experience in project management.
- Experienced Project Manager
- Member of a Project Management Office
- Team member who regularly works on large projects
- Business Analyst
- Leader of a team that must implement a strategic initiative or process improvement
- Establish framework for project success
- Measure and manage progress
- Use Quality Tools to Enhance Performance
- Project Closure and Success Validation
Duration & Format
2 days (12 hours)
This workshop can be conducted at your location or in our Midwest training lab (12140 Woodcrest Executive Drive; St. Louis, MO. 63141).
Professional Training for Modern Technology Teams
Flexible Technology Training
Keep your team on the cutting edge with our technology training offerings.
- Courses are developed and led by practicing software engineers and subject matter experts.
- All courses can be customized to meet your organization's unique needs.
- Courses can be conducted at your location, online, or in our state-of-the-art training lab in St. Louis, Missouri.
Many of our courses are also offered to the public both online and at our Midwest training lab for your convenience.