A successful project happens because of four distinct components. First, it was the right project. Second, the organization broadly supported it. Third, the project was well defined and planned. Finally, it was executed well.
The initial selection process determines whether the proposed project deliverable aligns with the organization’s vision, profitability and competitiveness. The project execution process reflects the organization-wide project management competency…how well it executes all projects in a repeatable, predictable, and sustainable manner. To do this requires the mastery of a full range of project management skills.
- Understand how strategic plans will affect project prioritization and selection
- Select the high impact projects and abandon low-return projects
- Understand the project management life cycle and phases
- Apply tools to effectively and thoroughly plan the project
- Master the essential project management skills
- Perform mid-stream evaluation to decide whether project funding should continue
- Monitor and communicate project progress at a strategic level
- Manage multiple projects
- Identify and track quality and project metrics
- Bring projects to closure
- Create a learning organization for sustainable, strategic results
Duration & Format
2 days (12 hours)
This workshop can be conducted at your location or in our Midwest training lab (12140 Woodcrest Executive Drive; St. Louis, MO. 63141).
- Project Management Overview
- Getting Organized
- Project Planning
- Managing Projects
- Closing Projects
- Project Manager
- Member of the Project Management Office
- Business Analyst
- Director of Operations or Construction Manager
- Senior Leader
- Leader of an IT system implementation/upgrade project
- Leader of a team that must implement a strategic initiative or process improvement
- Candidate for the Project Management Professional (PMP) accreditation
Professional Training for Modern Technology Teams
Flexible Technology Training
Keep your team on the cutting edge with our technology training offerings.
- Courses are developed and led by practicing software engineers and subject matter experts.
- All courses can be customized to meet your organization's unique needs.
- Courses can be conducted at your location, online, or in our state-of-the-art training lab in St. Louis, Missouri.
Many of our courses are also offered to the public both online and at our Midwest training lab for your convenience.