This course presents an architecture that defines a process to implement a structured testing environment for all phases of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC). It conveys the four techniques of structured testing, and the application of those techniques during the phases of the SDLC. Using risk assessment as a guide for structured testing is emphasized and a risk matrix is presented. The main focus is on the creation of functional and structural test plans, test scripts, and test cases, including the use of break-it testing, complexity testing, and basis path testing. The organization of a testing team and the testing environment is also discussed. Hands-on workshops in a JAD format are used to reinforce concepts.
No offerings in this track are currently scheduled.
- Define the advantages of testing throughout the SDLC
- Identify the main deliverables to be tested from each phase of the SDLC
- List and identify the four testing techniques that can be used to test any SDLC deliverable
- Determine the best testing technique to use on various types of deliverables during each phase of the SDLC
- Discuss the various SDLC productivity tools that can improve productivity and quality during testing
- Build control graphs, test plans and test cases for functional and structural testing
- Conduct or participate in structured walkthroughs
- Perform successful unit, integration, systems and acceptance testing
- Design and administer a high-quality, productive testing environment
This course is for business experts, technical experts, quality assurance specialists, and managers who are responsible for the testing of SDLC deliverables, designing test plans or test cases, and/or participate in the quality assurance process. It is also designed to be helpful to managers and administrators responsible for designing and maintaining a quality assurance process.
- Course Introduction
- Structured Testing
- YSM Analysis Testing
- YSM Design Testing
- Creating a Detailed Test Plan
- YSM Functional Construction Testing
- Structural Testing of Construction
- Integration, System, and Acceptance Testing
- Managing the Testing Environment
Duration & Format
2 days (12 hours)
This workshop can be conducted at your location or in our Midwest training lab (12140 Woodcrest Executive Drive; St. Louis, MO. 63141).
Professional Training for Modern Technology Teams
Flexible Technology Training
Keep your team on the cutting edge with our technology training offerings.
- Courses are developed and led by practicing software engineers and subject matter experts.
- All courses can be customized to meet your organization's unique needs.
- Courses can be conducted at your location, online, or in our state-of-the-art training lab in St. Louis, Missouri.
Many of our courses are also offered to the public both online and at our Midwest training lab for your convenience.