We are rapidly growing and have a new career opportunity available!
As an Open Source Solutions Architect at OCI, you'll support our global roster of clients as we develop the next generation of cutting-edge solutions.
Apply today to enjoy competitive compensation, unmatched training opportunities, and a flexible working environment!
Working at OCI promises technical challenges that are as rewarding as they are exciting. Our culture encourages you to pursue the path that fits your passions while empowering you to achieve your personal best.
What will you work on at OCI? Here's a quick sampling of our projects:
- Diagnosing Crop Disease With Machine Learning
- Fuel Simulation Application for a Leading Aircraft Manufacturer
- Remote Diagnostics Through the Industrial Internet of Things
If you're motivated by the challenge of building sophisticated solutions that solve complex business challenges, we want to meet you!
Join our team as an Open Source Solutions Architect and help us develop innovative, enterprise-ready web, software, and mobile applications.
Here's what we're looking for:
- Network architecture and design, equipment specification, vendor evaluation, and selection of OSS
- Actively support the goals and objectives of NII and Nextel business plans, as determined by senior leadership
- Provide technical leadership; own responsibility for information related to interfaces into and out of BSS/OSS
- Solution-architecture leadership and delivery, including BSS/OSS (business/service/network management) solution engineering, project coordination, business-requirements analysis, requirement specification, and project documentation
- Assist in the development of BSS/OSS interface-solution architecture, plus the strategy to deliver the overall solution according to specifications received from internal areas, including Engineering and IT organizations
- Track and document requirements for enterprise OSS development projects and enhancements
- Support internal customers with OSS requirements and performance-management data collection and analysis to ensure KPIs are properly captured
- Analyze system elements (software, monitoring, reporting functions and capabilities, integration architecture, and processes) and provide recommendations for appropriate changes according to pre-identified requirements
- Translate technical requirements into system, application, and process designs that identify functional requirements; lead the identification, justification, and design of OSS
- Manage specification development in collaboration with other internal areas and vendors; discuss architecture strategy, progress, and results in accordance with company objectives
Required education & skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- 8+ years of experience in OSS architecture/solutions design
- Experience driving and realizing complex, end-to-end solutions
- Understanding of how decision/design impacts architecture delivery
- Expertise in OSS/BSS integration
- Experience vetting OSS designs against overall architecture and ability to ensure establishment of mid- and long-term OSS
- Experience writing, reviewing, and evaluating OSS RFI/RFP technical vendor responses
- Outstanding communication skills; ability to interact effectively both in writing and in person with associates at all levels (CTO, directors, middle management, and workforce)
- Effective relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Execution- and results-oriented work ethic
This position is located in our brand-new, state-of-the-art development center in St. Louis, Missouri.
Relocation assistance may be available.
You don't have to sacrifice the balance between work and the rest of your life to be part of our team. We've created a unique environment that promises technical challenges, professional growth, competitive salaries, and benefits, plus the opportunity to work with some of the best engineers, architects, and systems integrators around. Our associates work within a team environment, where individual ideas and contributions are valued and rewarded.
Employees are welcome and encouraged to participate (free of charge) in any of our 140+ training offerings.
Paid Time Off
We offer paid vacation time, holidays, and sick days. A well-rested employee is a productive employee!
We pay a significant portion of premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
Through tenure and exceptional performance, employees may take advantage of partner and profit-sharing opportunities.
We know your time is valuable! And we pay you for billable overtime.
Employees may participate in our 401k plan.
Flexible Work Options
We offer flexible options, including flex time and work from home.
We Keep It Casual
We want our employees to be as comfortable as possible at work!