People. Project Management means people! Achieving results on any project demands the soft, tactful, yet powerfully important leadership skills. Project Managers must get results through people over whom they have limited or no authority and often little influence. It’s the “Art” of Project Management. By practicing new behaviors, you can develop teams in which everyone in your organization will want to participate!
Through instructional methods such as role-playing, teach-backs and other participant-centered exercises, you will gain a practical understanding of Project Management Institute’s (PMI) “Human Resource Management” and “Project Communications Management” knowledge areas of the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide, Fifth Edition).
- Establish yourself as a project leader of high performing teams
- Plan effective strategies to deal with organizational influences and politics
- Gain organizational buy-in to project roles and responsibilities
- Address team dynamics to engage team members for solutions
- Acquire staff and develop staff skills
- Distinguish and develop a “Team” our of the “Herd” you were assigned
- Establish powerful team reward and recognition systems
- Define explicit communications protocols
- Market and sell your project through the project team
- Create excitement around project stats, progress and future plans
- Address project variances and manage conflict
- Develop a team with an outstanding reputation
Duration & Format
2 days (12 hours)
This workshop can be conducted at your location or in our Midwest training lab (12140 Woodcrest Executive Drive; St. Louis, MO. 63141).
The following topics are covered in this course:
- Project Management Essentials
- Human Resource Management
- Communication Management
- Project Manager
- Member of the Project Management Office
- Business Analyst
- Director of Operations
- Human Resources Manager or OD professional
- Leader of an IT system implementation/upgrade project
- Leader of a team that must implement a strategic initiative or process improvement
- Candidate for the Project Management Professional (PMP) accreditation
Professional Training for Modern Technology Teams
Flexible Technology Training
Keep your team on the cutting edge with our technology training offerings.
- Courses are developed and led by practicing software engineers and subject matter experts.
- All courses can be customized to meet your organization's unique needs.
- Courses can be conducted at your location, online, or in our state-of-the-art training lab in St. Louis, Missouri.
Many of our courses are also offered to the public both online and at our Midwest training lab for your convenience.